Sunday 1 February 2015

Celebrate Super Bowl!

....Just Kidding. I don't exactly follow. Highlights of the game include half time show...and a really crazy catch at the end and that was about all I watched. HOWEVER, I did get a card done that I couldn't wait to show you! It looks a little more complicated than it actually was, I promise.


I used pieces of the Artisan Embellishment Kit from The 2015 Occassions Catalogue to make this card. I started with the die cut frame that comes in the kit and stuck it down over the paper to use it as a mask (I used sticky notes to hold in place so I didn't ruin the mask). I used versa mark ink over top and then used gold embossing powder. I am so happy with how it turned out when I heat embossed it!

The artisan kit also comes with the velvet Blackberry Bliss ribbon which I used a piece of, and the gorgeous pink flowers. I used the "celebrate" sentiment from the retired Good Greetings set in Blackberry Bliss and added a couple little hearts in Blushing Bride from the Snuggles and Smooches stamp set (a great Valentine's Day set if you are looking to get something to make some Valentine's Day cards!). I also used the little heart to do a little bit on the inside.

The card base was Blushing Bride glued on to a Blackberry Bliss card (I love this colour so much! Perhaps I should start branching out?)

I had such a hard time deciding what type of card to make this. I decided on celebrate because it is pretty versatile and might end up making a great wedding card for this summer!

I hope you are staying warm and safe with the crazy snow tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews